Liberia Stamp 2000

image copyright: www.bruneiresources.blogspot.com
In my stamp collecting hobby, I have also branched out in collecting other countries' stamps which depict scenes of Brunei.

I was very surprised when I found this stamp.  And I was equally surprised when one other bidder tried to beat me to the stamp. Eventually I won, but the price was very much higher than I first thought. I have seen the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque has been depcited on a number of other countries' stamps. But our beloved Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah as far as I know has only appeared in one country's stamp - South Korea. To see His Majesty appear on another country's stamp was a complete surprise.

I don't know much about the stamp. As far as I can tell, Liberia issued a number of stamps during the millennium and one of them is a series of Chiefs of States of the World which included His Majesty as the Prime Minister of Brunei Darussalam. I know of one other Prime Minister which was the Japanese Prime Minister which also appeared on Liberia's stamps.

This is the only one stamp that I know. I can't find any other information so far on the internet and I will post more information once I found them in the future.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm surprised too that Liberian stamp uses Chinese characters? China must be very influential there?

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island