Hard Boiled Eggs Made Easy

If you are looking after something more serious this morning, I have to apologise. For a change, let me talk about something more down to earth. I want to talk about hard boiled eggs. My favourite is a hard boiled egg for breakfast. Unfortunately, I have been medically forbidden from eating too many eggs. So whenever I get the ocassional egg from bunga telur from berzikir ceremony I would get some 'kicap' and eat it. Ahhh....

My better half shared with me this email which she received yesterday about an interesting tip about how to get consistent results when it comes to hard boiled eggs. We tried it this morning and would you believe - it does work!

Let me share the tip with you:-

+++++

Cooking hard boiled eggs can be a hassle because you have to 'watch the fire' and 'watch the air'. My dear friend was kind enough to share this method of cooking the eggs whereby you don't have to worry whether they are over-cooked or under-cooked.

Here's how:-

1) Place two pieces of tissue paper inside the rice cooker and sprinkle them with water.

2) Put in the eggs.


3) Close the lid and press "Cook" button.


4) Wait till the button jumps up. When it does, TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY / POWER. Do not leave them too long inside the rice cooker after cooked ... only do so if you prefer a harder egg yolk.

5) The eggs are ready.


The speed is faster than using ordinary boiling method. This is because the water sprinkled on the tissue will turn into steam and compressed inside the rice cooker to cook the eggs. You can peel the egg shells off very easily. The egg yolks will turn out just nice, not too dry. And the best part is - you don't have to do any washing nor cleaning at all.

+++++

Happy trying!

Comments

yoli said…
nice site thank you much

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island