Bukit Markuching, Revisited

I have ruffled a few feathers on my local holiday blog this morning on Bukit Markuching (just corrected from Merkuching, thanks Hazirah, though if I am not mistaken the official signboard says Merkuching, though all the archived news says Markuching). It's good to know that the local spot has a very good following who have been quite vociferous in letting me know my mistakes through the comment box, e-mails as well as verbally. Once again I apologise.

To make amends, I have attached a satellite picture of Bukit Markuching and the views that trekkers can enjoy if they reached the very top (and not the 'top' that my little boy ran up to). For reference, on the lower left hand corner is Bandar Seri Begawan and you can just make out Masjid Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien (circular black). Look at the top left hand quadrant and you can make out several features that will be visible from the hill including the International Convention Centre (red spot), Ministry of Finance Building (blue spot, next to the red spot), the Lambak Kanan housing plus views of the surrounding areas. By the way, I am really glad that our local tourist spots have such great supporters. We need you in our efforts to tell the whole world out there that are many wonderful places for both locals and tourists to visit when they are in Brunei Darussalam.

For additional info, you can visit the following website puzian.fotopic.net/c948859.html which has photographs taken from the top of the hill. If you want to see even closer in that satellite photograph, I suggest you go to google and download the Earth Google program. It's really great. You can even see your own house and other 'interesting' places in Brunei Darussalam. You can't hide. Serious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I live near there. Always thought it was 'Markucing'. I've only been up there once (yes, I am one of those people who will gain a fair amount of fat later on in life) but it was a great, if tiring experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island