Istana Majalis

Last Friday, I was going around the tamu looking for ketupat casings and also asking the few sellers that about ketupat. That was for my Golden Legacy article on the origins of the ketupat which was published yesterday on Brunei Times.

Today I am not going to talk about ketupat. While I was walking around the tamu, I came across an old man selling a lot of old stuffs including some books, old photographs, old coins, old paper money etc. I stopped to have a look and ended up buying a couple of stuffs. One of them is this photograph.

Regular readers would recognise this as I have posted this Istana in the past. However I was intrigued this time round as the photograph came from some publication. So I thought $3 was worth to have this photograph.

For those who do not know, this is Istana Majalis. Istana Majalis was used by Sultan Jamalul Alam, the father of Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin and Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien. If I am not mistaken, both of them were born in this palace. The history of the palace is not much known. It was located on the site of today's General Post Office in Bandar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island